Wednesday 19 February 2014


Last Friday I was taking an early morning walk around our estate and when I got to the lake, I literally stopped dead in my tracks – its tranquil beauty was breathtaking.
I so loved being there in that moment and appreciating that I had the presence of mind to stop and absorb its peace for some minutes.

I say presence of mind, because that is why I am taking some early morning walks lately – I am needing the mental break. 
Last week was emotionally challenging for our family – and that impacts on how I feel and react to building our home too.  Last week I felt a bit of a fraud because while I appreciated and wrote about the positives on this blog, my facebook page to my friends read a bit differently.  Last week I had to find ways to stop myself saying “I need this building to stop, everyone go home for a while”. 
Last week on facebook, my friend tagged me and I shared this quote, “If it can’t be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, resold, recycled or composted, then it should be restricted, redesigned or removed from production. Pete Seeger”

I agree wholeheartedly.
But I am also feeling like I am finding it increasingly harder to maintain this ethos in building our home.  I fear I am losing the optimism to build ‘green’ and hence losing momentum and enthusiasm L.  It is not a nice feeling at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment